Wednesday, 29 May 2013
The Western Cape government is recruiting prospective traffic officers to undertak e traffic diploma. This is a twelve month training which will commence on 1 July 2013 at the Gene Louw College in Brackenfell.
Post Title: Provincial Inspector: Student – Intake (20 students)
Station: Directorate: Traffic Law Enforcement - Various centres
• A Senior Certificate or equivalent qualification;
• Valid motor vehicle license (manual) code B;
• Physically fit;
• No criminal record;
• Candidates must qualify for appointment as Authorized Officer and for the appointment as Peace Officer in terms of the Criminal Procedure Act 51 of 1977;
• Well versed with the home language of the majority of residents in a specific area where the successful incumbents will be appointed;
• Candidates reserved for shortlisting will be subject to undergo fingerprint checks by the SAPS and will be required to undergo the following tests: fitness, driving test and a medical test as proof that the reserved candidates may do strenuous exercise;
• Applicants must be resident in the immediate vicinity of their selected traffic centres, if appointed afterwards.
• One year or more driving experience will be an advantage;
• As these positions are targeted at the youth of the province, candidates younger than 35 years of age will receive preference.
Key Performance Areas:
• Enforce road traffic, public passenger and transport legislations;
• Provide visible traffic control / policing and promote / ensure crime prevention activities;
• Perform all administrative activities and related duties.
• Good written and verbal communication skills in at least two of the three official languages of the Province;
• Good interpersonal and public relations skills;
• Ability to work under pressure;
• Assertive and confident personality;
• Ability to work in a team and independently.
• Should vacant funded Provincial Inspector posts exist after obtaining the Traffic Diploma and be considered for filling, individuals who may be offered permanent employment against such posts at one of the mentioned Traffic Centres (Caledon, Beaufort West, Brackenfell, Laingsburg, Somerset West, Swellendam, Vredendal and Vredenburg).
• After appointment candidates will be expected to work shifts including Public holidays and Sundays and be willing to work additional hours, if required.
• Successful candidates must obtain their own accommodation while attending the GLTC, Brackenfell;
• Students will be subject to the code of conduct of the College as well as competency requirements of the College;
• Students will be required to undergo extensive physical training, whilst at the College.
Applications must be submitted online.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The candidature of applicants will be considered on the information as supplied in the submitted application documentation. Applicants who are considered for the interview and further selection processes will be required to submit documentation supporting such information with due regard to conditions that may be set. Shortlisted candidates will also be required to attend an interview and/or competency assessments/proficiency tests on a date and time as determined by the department.
If you have not received a response from the Department within 3 months of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Remuneration: A training stipend of R 5 000.00 per month will be paid monthly for the duration of the training period.
Closing date: 31 May 2013 @16:00
Salary A training stipend of R 5 000.00 per month will be paid monthly for the duration of the training period.