- Created on Thursday, 20 September 2012 09:11
- Hits: 1366
Continental Outdoor Media, Africa's largest outdoor advertising company, is offering an IT Support Technician Internship.
Remuneration: basic salary
Education level: Diploma
Job level: Student
Job policy: Employment Equity position and Disabled position.
- Install and maintain hardware and/or software;
- Performance tuning on pc's;
- Perform backup/recovery;
- Troubleshoot and repair pc hardware, network connections, internet connectivity, printers, modems and other peripherals;
- Interact with end user to fully utilise IT resources;
- Answer, log and follow up on all Helpdesk calls and e-mail;
- Provide hardware and software inventory records;
- Simple system administration, e.g. creating user profiles;
- Undertake housekeeping and reporting functions for the area of responsibility;
- Installing and downloading appropriate software;
- Work on special projects as assigned by the IT manager;
- Install and maintain telephone systems; and
- Adhere to IT procedure manual.
- Matric with A+;
- MS Office suite qualification or equivalent courses and experience;
- One to three years experience in telephonic support in a Microsoft environment (advantageous);
- One to three years diagnostic and troubleshooting Microsoft operating system and Office products (advantageous);
- Basic administrative skills;
- Basic understanding of a Microsoft server/network environment;
- Personal Skills/Attributes;
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Must be able to work under pressure;
- Must be a team player;
- Must have a willingness to learn;
- Flexibility (change plans to meet objectives);
- Must be a problem solver;
- Commitment and professionalism;
- Ability to meet deadlines; and
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
For more information, visit the Continental Outdoor Media website.