- Created on Wednesday, 19 September 2012 07:22
- Hits: 806
Digital financial media group Moneyweb is looking for three interns to join its existing editorial team in Johannesburg. This is an excellent opportunity for prospective financial and multimedia journalists to work with industry leading journalists and production specialists.
Remuneration: Basic salary;
Education level: Degree;
Job level: Junior;
Own transport required: Yes;
Travel requirement: Occasional;
Job policy: Employment Equity position; and
Type: Contract 3 months.
Two of the successful candidates will:
- Generate news for the various media platforms. This includes our various online publications, CitiBusiness, apps and radio;
- Assist with the production and packaging of content for Moneyweb's various radio shows and website; and
- Work on other media functions the editor may assign to the successful candidates.
The third candidate will focus on multimedia elements such as the design of interactive graphics for online and print.
The candidate will also package videos and audio files for our websites and radio programmes.
The contract period is three months and the successful candidates will report to the Managing Editor.
- A tertiary qualification. Preferably a commerce degree or diploma, or a journalism qualification;
- You must have excelled academically in your degree/diploma;
- Excellent language and communication skills; and
- A desire to learn and expand existing skills.
- Previous experience in a newsroom or production office of a news driven digital news service, or a newspaper;
- Previous experience in the design of interactive graphics, as well as the packaging of audio and video for digital media; and
- Excellent language and communication skills;
- A desire to learn and expand existing skills; and
- Hunger and passion to be first.
Please tell us in an e-mail why you are the correct person for the internship/s.
Only e-mailed applications will be considered.
For more information, visit the Moneyweb website.
Have you used or heard of Moneyweb before? Would you like to become a financial or multimedia journalist?