- Created on Friday, 07 September 2012 08:19
- Hits: 1269
South Africa's most awarded commercial film production company, Velocity, is seeking interns in their Research Department.
What is the Research Department?
Some of the Top Directors in the country work at Velocity in its Cape Town office. When a script comes in for them to pitch, the Research Department gets involved. They search the web, they search magazines they dive into films, music videos and other commercials to provide inspiration and content for the directors presentations and pitches.
What makes you right for Velocity and velocity right for you?
- Exceptional Skills in Navigating the internet;
- Exceptional Skills in using a computer (preferably Mac experience);
- Good to know photoshop
- Great to know editing program i.e. Final Cut Pro;
- Essential to know about various video & image file formats (i.e. do you know what an .mp4 file is, a jpeg, .png .avi etc);
- Are you inspired by Contemporary Culture - what's happening whats inspiring in the world of photography, design, film etc.;
- Know your favourite SA photographers?
- Know your favourite blogs?
- Know your most inspiring creative influences?
- Do you have the desire and motivation to work hard and learn?
Here's how it works:
- Send us a CV, including details of your experience related to the internet and software. i.e. Any blogs, tumblr, flickr, delicious, pinterest accounts, do you know photoshop, any editing software etc.;
- We'll get back to you ASAP; and
- We'll invite you in for an interview.
Do you think working in the Research Department of a production company would be good experience if you want to work in the Film industry? Why? / Why not?