- Created on Wednesday, 05 September 2012 08:47
- Hits: 704
Tech blogging site Memeburn is looking for an Editorial Intern to join their team in Cape Town for three months.
Positon: Editorial Intern;
Province: Western Cape;
City: Cape Town;
Job level: Junior/Mid.
Memeburn.com is seeking a talented and driven tech-savvy writing intern who is passionate about the online media and all things digital. We're looking for someone young, dynamic and dedicated to become part of our growing editorial team, in Cape Town.
Please note that this is for a one to three month, unpaid internship.
- Writing tech savvy news and feature stories, including reviews, on emerging web and application technologies'
- Subbing, headline writing; and
- Managing contributors and topics list.
- Cape Town;
- Real Coffee; and
- Start-up culture.
- Passion for the web and mobile;
- Drive, attitude and a sense of humour;
- A love for tech news, trends and digital media;
- Understand the difference between news writing and feature writing;
- Excellent command of the English language;
- Tertiary education or relevant industry experience;
- Have at least 50 Twitter followers;
- Be able to engage in a passionate debate about Mac OS versus Windows or iPhone versus Android;
- Be willing to learn to edit your own work and the work of others; and
- Be willing to collaborate on stories with other members of the editorial team.
Would you consider doing an unpaid internship? Why / why not?