Tuesday, 05 February 2013
The Rustenburg Local Municipality is looking to fill five (5) posts on its Financial Internship. Applications close 15 February 2013.
Closing date: 15 February 2013
Salary: An all-inclusive remuneration package of R90 000 per annum
Ref. no: RLM EXT1B
Notice no: 7/2013
The Intern’s work programme will centre around the Municipality’s needs and may include work in the areas of budgeting, annual financial statement preparation, supply chain management, internal control, asset management, revenue management, expenditure management and financial reporting, client services and debtor services.
Applicants should be interested in gaining experience and pursuing a career in Local Government finances, and have a desire to contribute to community development through participation in public service.
- BCom Accounting/Finance/Internal Audit or National Diploma in Accounting/Finance/Internal Audit or equivalent qualification
- Sound understanding of computer literacy, e.g. MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Strong work ethic and enthusiasm to learn various components of financial management.
- Assist in developing financial policies and procedures
- Compile financial statements and management reports
- Compile the annual budget
- Control and manage municipal bank accounts and investments
- Assist in the management of debtors and credit control processes
- Analyse reconciliations and finances
- effectively manage the supply chain
- Manage assets and liabilities.
How to apply:
You are invited to submit a comprehensive CV to the Directorate:Corporate Support Services
PO Box 16
Please mark your envelope “VACANCY”
Please note that NO application without certified copies of qualification certificates and other relevant documents will be considered. Any further telephonic enquiries should be directed to the Directorate: Corporate Support Services at 014 590 3989/3040.
The Rustenburg Local Municipality, as an employer, applies employment equity and equal opportunities.
The successful applicants will be expected to enter into a 2-year fixed contract with the Municipality.