- Created on Monday, 28 January 2013 13:38
- Hits: 6119
The Built Environment (BE) unit of the Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) currently has seven (7) Internship positions available on a 12-month contract basis in Pretoria and Stellenbosch. Apply before 25 February 2013.
About the job:
CSIR Built Environment (BE) unit aims to support South Africa’s competitive performance and the welfare and the quality of life of its people through knowledge-generation for the development of an efficient and globally competitive built environment system.
These Internship positions offer an excellent opportunity for newly qualified graduates to work in a team under the mentorship and guidance of researchers in undertaking theoretical, practical and contract research projects.
The positions are based in Pretoria and Stellenbosch.
- Conduct basic desktop research and literature searches.
- Develop research skills and write reports.
- Assist with related laboratory and field investigations.
- Collect, clean and analyse data.
- Any other duties job related tasks.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in architecture, building physics, chemistry, -mathematical statistics, chemical, civil or mechanical engineering.
- Excellent computer presentation skills.
- Good interpersonal and team skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as in an interdisciplinary team.
- Must be self-motivated.
- Problem-solving and solution-seeking orientation.
- Must have good communication, presentation and writing skills.
- Reliable and possess good work ethics.
- Strong report writing skills.
- Applicants must be South African citizens.
How to apply:
To apply online, click here.
Closing date: 25 February 2013.
Please note that feedback will be given to shortlisted candidates only.