- Created on Friday, 26 October 2012 08:12
- Hits: 2123
The Mandeni Local Municipality, strategically located midway between Durban and Richards Bay in KwaZulu-Natal, has five Financial Management Internships available. These are contractual temporary employment opportunities for a period of two (2) years.
Salary Scale: Total Package R115 120.00 p.a.
- Have a three (3) year National Diploma in Finance, Accounting, Auditing,Internal Auditing or a BCom Degree or equivalent;
- Have good (verbal and written) communication skills; and
- Be computer literate and have knowledge of MS Office applications.
Assist in functions delegated by respective section head and management with regards to the following:
- Implementing generally accepted municipal accounting practice and budget reforms
- Compilation of financial statement reports and management reports
- Capturing of financial data
- Co-ordination and compilation of statistical information’ any other functions.
- The intern appointed to this position will report to the Chief Financial Officer of the Municipality.
- The termination of the employment contract will coincide with the termination of the internship contract as required by the Municipal Finance Management Internship Programme guidelines.
Written applications accompanied by a full CV with photocopies of required certificates should reach the Municipal Manager, Mandeni Municipality, PO Box 144, Mandeni 4490 on or before Friday 16 November 2012.
Mr SChiconella on 032 4568200.
Should you be short-listed for an interview, please bring along your original certificates on the day of the interview.
It should be noted that personal canvassing is prohibited and proof thereof shall disqualify a candidate for an appointment - Mr. L.H. Mapholoba: Municipal Manager