- Created on Monday, 22 October 2012 09:06
- Hits: 2757
M-Net seeks to appoint suitably qualified, Employment Equity individuals to assume the role of Marketing Interns. The candidates must be dynamic, proactive and willing to learn and grow to assume responsibility as Marketing Assistants. These candidates will primarily report to the Marketing Manager, and will be based at our offices in Randburg. This position is also open to people with disabilities.
Context: External factors which will influence the work environment taking future conditions and strategic requirements into account:
- Lucrative TV business environment
- Dynamic, vibrant, fast-paced & demanding organisation
- Highly competitive environment
- M-Net policies & procedures.
Customers: External individuals or groups as well as individuals or groups within the organisation to whom products, services, programme and information is provided.
- Advertising agencies & production houses
- M-Net Business units
Outputs: Services and information which the individual must provide to external individuals or groups, or one another to accomplish the organisation’s mission and strategy.
- Implement and manage office administrative duties e.g. financial support, contacting of viewers, documenting feedback
- Ensure delivery of quality reports by checking data integrity, layout, and branding standards, spelling and grammar
- Quality assurance management by ensuring that the use of the logo is per brand values and company guidelines
- Ensure that content (visuals and materials) are received on time, requirements have been established and formatting meets agency requirements to deliver on time.
Competencies: Personal capabilities which are critical to the production of quality outputs are:
- Ability to build strong supplier relationships
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Good co-ordination and administrative skills
- Attention to detail.
Knowledge / Qualifications:
- Working towards or completed a tertiary qualification in Communications or Marketing (Degree, Diploma or equivalent)
- Computer literacy -Windows, MS Office packages.
Closing date: 16 November 2012.
Please note that if you have not received any feedback by 30 November 2012, your application has been unsuccessful.
Please kindly note the following VERY IMPORTANT points for application consideration:
- Students in their 3rd or final years, or who have completed their qualification, will be considered.
- The duration for the internship opportunities are offered for 12 months.
- The internship job must be in line with the students’ qualification for eg: If a student is studying “B Comm Finance”, he/she is not allowed to apply for “Marketing” or “Skills Development” role or any other role not related to his/her field of study.
- ONLY applicants who have NEVER been given an opportunity to work in the field for which they are qualified, will be considered.
- All positions are Johannesburg – based.
- When applying – kindly put the name of the position for which you are applying, in the subject line.