- Created on Tuesday, 16 October 2012 07:51
- Hits: 2559
If you are a recent graduate, have stamina and curiosity, excellent English language writing skills, and a strong commitment to making a career in journalism, Avusa, a leading South Africa media and entertainment company, would like to meet you. Avusa is offering a 12-month training internship in journalism. The Programme has been offering graduates from all disciplines an opportunity to acquire journalism skills for over 10 years.
Avusa is particularly interested in graduates who want to be in business or financial journalism or think they have what it takes to handle hard and breaking news beats. A driver’s licence will be to your advantage.
If you think you are the type of person Avusa is after, you need to submit an essay that is all your own work on a topic Avusa sets you. Go to its website and click on the careers tab to get information on Journalism internships 2013, as well as the essay instructions and topic and to download the application form.
How to apply:
If you wish to apply:
- 1)Download the application form, click here and complete it.
- 2)Write an essay of not more than 600 words on the topic: “Youth Leagues, Agencies and Subsidies - do we need them?”
- The essay must be typed using a computer and must demonstrate evidence of research. It must include facts and quotes from people and be written in a clear and coherent style.
- Please put “Journalism Internships 2013″ in the subject line of the e-mail.
The Programme will start on 21 January 2013 and runs until 31 December 2013. Interns are paid a monthly stipend, and gain work experience in a variety of our newsrooms.
Preference will be given to South African candidates under 30 years of age who will add to the diversity of our company. If you have not heard from us by 30 November please consider your application unsuccessful.
Avusa must receive your application and essay by the closing date of 26 October 2012.
Please do not send any other documents.
If you have not received a response from Avusa by 30 November, please consider your application unsuccessful.