- Created on Thursday, 04 October 2012 14:33
- Hits: 1883
The Mining Qualifications Authority (MQA), the Sector Education and Training Authority (SETA) for the mining and mineral sector in terms of the Skills Development Act of 1998, is inviting suitable candidates to apply for its Internship Programme in Marshalltown, Johannesburg. This particular post relates to its SGB Internship. Interns will be offered a monthly stipend for a period of 12 months.
The internship will cover, but may not be limited to the following areas:
- Supporting the development, validation and/or registration of mining and mineral sector qualifications, unit standards, skills programmes learnerships and learning material;
- Supporting the review and development of OCTO mining and minerals sector occupational qualifications;
- Administration and coordination of the logistics for the Technical Reference Groups (TRGs) and Community of Expert Practitioners (CEPs) standards generation meetings and workshops;
- Supporting standards generation projects approved by the MOA Board;
- Capturing information on the MIS database system;
- Handle custorner queries in own area of work, capture standard generation stakeholder information on the customer relationship managernent system with regards to standards generation;
- Assist with the administration of the mining artisan learnerships / apprenticeships;
- Assist with administration activities for artisan development in the sector; and
- General administrative support in accordance with the MOA procedures.
- B degree or National Diploma in Human Resource Development;
- Management of Training/ Business Management & Administration/ Office Administration and Technology / N6 Diploma in Management Assistant / NCV Level 4 in Office Administration or equivalent.
The candidates to be considered must have:
- Good communication and sound interpersonal skills;
- Knowledge of the mining and minerals sector will be advantageous;
- An understanding of legislation and developments in respect of education and training;
- Ability to work under pressure; and
- Demonstrate a proactive attitude.
Closing date: 15 October 2012.
Applicants who have not been notified within 1 month after the closing date of the advertisement must accept that their applications were not successful.
The successful candidate will be required submit a monthly work integrated learning report.
Forward your application letter and CV (no certificates) for the attention of the Human Resources, Private Bag x 118, Marshalltown, 2107.
The MOA is an equal opportunity employer.
Preference will be given to affirmative action candidates and people with disabilities.
The MQA reserves the right not to make an appointment.