- Created on Thursday, 04 October 2012 13:57
- Hits: 1584
The Mining Qualifications Authority (MQA), the Sector Education and Training Authority (SETA) for the mining and mineral sector in terms of the Skills Development Act of 1998, is inviting suitable candidates to apply for its Internship Programme in Marshalltown, Johannesburg. This particular post relates to its Finance Internship. Interns will be offered a monthly stipend for a period of 12 months.
The internship will cover, but may not be limited to the following areas:
- Processing invoices on the accounting software;
- Processing electronic payments;
- Creditors statement reconciliations;
- Processing journals;
- Creditors control account reconciliations;
- Bank reconciliations;
- Financial internal controls; and
- General administration in a finance environment.
- B degree or a National Diploma in Finance with Accounting as a major subject.
The candidates to be considered must have:
- Good communication and sound interpersonal skills;
- Knowledge of the mining and minerals sector will be advantageous;
- An understanding of legislation and developments in respect of education and training;
- Ability to work under pressure; and
- Demonstrate a proactive attitude.
Closing date: 15 October 2012.
Applicants who have not been notified within 1 month after the closing date of the advertisement must accept that their applications were not successful.
The successful candidate will be required submit a monthly work integrated learning report.
Forward your application letter and CV (no certificates) for the attention of the Human Resources, Private Bag x 118, Marshalltown, 2107.
The MOA is an equal opportunity employer.
Preference will be given to affirmative action candidates and people with disabilities.
The MQA reserves the right not to make an appointment.