- Created on Friday, 14 September 2012 07:00
- Hits: 1068
If you are ambitious, hard working and enthusiastic with a love for marketing, maybe you would like to look into Watermelon's three-six month internship with a possibility to become permanent.
Remuneration: negotiable basic salary
Province: Western Cape
City: Cape Town
Education level: Diploma
Job level: Junior
If you are willing to learn and go the extra mile then this is a fantastic opportunity to be mentored by a skilled individual and learn the ins and outs of the branding industry amongst a wide range of clients.
Based on your strengths, you will gain experience in the following areas:
- branded merchandise,
- branded experience events,
- outdoor media,
- research and sourcing,
- customer service,
- stock management,
- reporting and analysis,
- social media and marketing.
Your role will include (but not limited to) the following:
- social networking;
- being a brand ambassador for Watermelon and its lients;
- interact with clients at a senior level;
- deal with suppliers, local and international clientele;
- building relationships with suppliers;
- filing, emailing, typing of documentation;
- general errands;
- answering of phones and taking messages;
- ensure the smooth running of the office;
- paperwork and administrative duties;
- update and expand our current Marketing Business Plan;
- assist in the development and creation of our new website;
- assist in the marketing and organising of events;
- conduct research for upcoming events and briefs for store launches, product give-aways, gift with purchase;
- source new promotional or branded ideas;
- assist in overall online expansion, newsletter support and development and maintenance of our social platform; and
- assist with distribution of gifts.
If you fit this profile and are eager to improve yourself, please submit a complete CV with photo and one page motivational letter stating why you should be selected for this internship/position, as well as listing your key interests.
Please note this position is available immediately.
- must be able to start immediately;
- must be well-spoken and fluent in English;
- candidate must preferably be under 30 years old;
- studying towards or completed a marketing/PR/events degree/diploma;
- must be computer literate on Mac and PC, proficiency in MS Office and Powerpoint;
- must have own transport and valid drivers licence;
- able to work well on your own;
- excellent references a must;
- candidate must have corporate events or hostess experience;
- strong publicity skills;
- familiar with the social media marketing environment;
- able to meet tight deadlines and work in a pressurised environment;
- candidate must be available on weekends and after hours when needed;
- ability to think creatively and out-of-the-box; and
- exceptional verbal communication skills.
Please note that correspondence will only be made with short-listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within two weeks of applying, please consider your application to be unsuccessful.
Founded in 2007 and based in Green Point, Cape Town, Watermelon formally known as Brand Me Promotions serves many of South Africa's largest corporations with innovative promotional merchandise and branded experience solutions.
Together with its strategic partners, Watermelon has the ability to design, create, package and fulfill all elements of your brand.
At the core of its business is the immense value Watermelon brings to its clients with fresh and highly effective ideas, supported by the personalised service that comes with its tailored 360 solutions.
- previous sales experience;
- previous personal assistant or admin experience;
- excellent design program knowledge; and
- previous outdoor media knowledge.
- Great organisational and time management skills;
- Exceptional problem solver;
- Hard working;
- Dynamic and driven;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Good work ethic;
- Friendly and well-mannered;
- Eloquent and neatly presented;
- Eager to learn;
- Team player;
- Ambitious; and
- A keen interest in events and marketing.
Tel: 021 418 3100