- Created on Tuesday, 11 September 2012 06:54
- Hits: 915
Would you like to work in the world of publishing? AOSIS OpenJournals is a commercial publisher of peer-reviewed scholarly journals and a division of African Online Scientific Information Systems (Pty) Ltd that is offering two Junior Operations Editor Internships at the moment.
Remuneration: R3000 - R6000 per month negotiable cost to company;
Benefits: Group life and disability cover;
Province: Western Cape;
Education level: Matric;
Job level: Junior;
Own transport required: Yes
Travel requirement: Occasional
Type: Contract 1-year;
- 1. Manage journal production processes:
- Re-organising, standardising and quality controlling (tightening up) manuscripts.
- Working with visual material and ensuring text and tables/images tie-up.
- Proofreading and checking proofs at various stages of article production.
- Preparing, marking-up and tagging text for typesetting.
- Liaising with authors, designers, typesetters, illustrators and translators to ensure final product is accurate.
- Assist in the preparation of publicity information on titles.
- 2. Customer support on all relevant academic journals.
- 3. Manage and administrate journal database.
- 4. Assist senior staff with marketing functions.
- 5. Work as part of a team to develop knowledge service products.
- 6. Participate in a diverse set of projects while under specific time constraints.
- 7. Answer telephones and transfer to appropriate staff member.
- 8. Assist in general office duties.
- 9. Any other related tasks delegated.
AOSIS will not be responsible for relocation, subsistence and travel expenses of interns. All applicants short listed to attend an interview will be notified before mid-October. Notification is done telephonically.
AOSIS OpenJournals is a commercial publisher of peer-reviewed scholarly journals, covering a wide range of academic disciplines. It is a division of African Online Scientific Information Systems (AOSIS).
For more information, see AOSIS OpenJournals.
- 1. Matric or equivalent - preferred subjects: Mathematics, Computer literacy, Afrikaans, English.
- 2. Relevant tertiary qualification will be advantageous.
- 3. Precise, accurate and passionate about language and its usage.
- 4. Well groomed, punctual, friendly, and professional.
- 5. Extremely organised at all times.
- 6. Highly motivated, task orientated, work independently, be proactive and innovative. The ability to think on your feet will be a must in this type of environment; self-starter.
- 7. Proficiency on software packages i.e. Microsoft Office or other equivalent qualification would be essential.
- 8. Two years administrative work experience.
Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
- a copy of your ID;
- reference letter(s), and
- copy of your relevant qualification(s)/certificate(s).
Your application would not be considered if it does not include the before mentioned documentation.
Contact detailsAOSIS OpenJournals
Tel: 086 1000 381 (Eduan Els)