- Created on Thursday, 29 November 2012 07:05
- Hits: 9730
The KwaZulu-Natal Department of Economic Development and Tourism is inviting applications for several Internship opportunities that exist within the Department. Applications are invited from unemployed graduates/diplomats residing in the KwaZulu-Natal Province so as to gain practical work experience in the following operations in the Department.
Accordingly, internships will be offered in the following fields:
Directorate; Ref Number and number of positions required:
- Monitoring and Evaluation: M&E-13: 1
- Policy Planning: PP-13: 1
- HR Management and Practises: HRM&P-13: 1
- Human Resource Management (Labour): Labour-13: 1
- Work Study Service: WSS-13: 1
- Finance (internal audit): FIA-13: 1
- Finance (Budget): FB-13: 1
- Supply Chain Management: SCM-13: 2
- Consumer: C-13: 1
- Business Regulations: BR-13: 1
- Financial Information Systems: FIS-13: 1
- Tourism: T-13: 2
- IT: ICT-13: 1
- Legal Services: LS-13: 1
- Auxiliary Services: AS-13: 1
- Agribusiness: AGR-13: 1
- Clothing and Textile: C&T-13: 1
- Trade and Investments: T&I-13: 1
- Black Economic Empowerment: BEE-13: 1
- Employee Assistant Programme: EAP-13: 1
- Local Economic Development: LED-13: 1
- Office of the HOD Secretarial / Office Administration: HOD-13: 2
- Intergovernmental Relations: IR-13: 1
- Corporate Communications: CC-13: 1
- Enterprise Development: ED-13: 1.
Requirements: Applicants must satisfy the following requirements:
- An appropriate 3-year or above tertiary qualification, degree/national diploma relevant to the above-mentioned fields (PROVIDE CERTIFIED PROOF OF OBTAINED QUALIFICATION)
- An applicant must be unemployed and provide an affidavit of being unemployed signed by the Commissioner of Oaths
- Applicants should be between 18 to 35 years of age
- Applicants must be South African citizens residing in KwaZulu-Natal.
NOTES AND INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS, PLEASE READ CAREFULLY:
- 1. The programme will run for a period of one (1) year. (01-04-13 to 31-03-2014).
- 2. Successful applicants will be required to enter into an Internship contract with the Kwalulu-Natal Department of Economic Development and Tourism.
- 3. The Public Services is under no obligation to employ the Intern on completion of the programmes.
- 4. Interns will be paid a monthly stipend as outlined in the Departmental Internship Policy.
- 5. NB: The Department does not promote recycling of Interns, if you have participated in an internship programme before please do not apply or you will be disqualified. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- 6. Applicants who studied through private colleges/institution kindly attached proof of credits points for your qualification from your college/institution.
- 7. If you have participated in any form of experiential training please provide details such as; Institution, Duties and Period.
- 8. The application must be in this particular order: Completed and signed Z83 form (download it, here) with reference number indicated in the reference column e.g. Ref: M&E-13. The form is obtainable from any Public Service Department, also available from the website: www.kznded.gov.za. Detailed CV, Certified (Senior Certificate, Qualification, Statement of Credits Certificate and ID Copy) NOT copies of certified copies.
- 9. Separate application must be provided for each position applied for. Failure to abide by the above instructions will render your disqualification.
Failure to abide by the above instructions will render your disqualification. Interested candidates should forward their application with full contact details in the following address:
The Manager: Human Resource Management
Private Bag X9152
3200 – for attention: Ms M Mngoma.
All enquiries must be directed to: Mr. T C Mchunu: Tel: 033 264 2617.
Due to the large number of applications we envisage receiving, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not hear from us within three months of the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
NB: Faxed/emailed applications WILL NOT be accepted.
CLOSING DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS: 21 DECEMBER 2012.