Tuesday, 09 October 2012
The Limpopo Department of Agriculture is committed to support tertiary education in the Agricultural sector by offering bursary opportunities to first and continuing students doing the following studies in 2013:
- BSc: Agricultural Engineering;
- BSc: Aquaculture;
- BSc: Veterinary Medicine;
- NDip: Mechanical Engineering;
- NDip: Electrical Engineering.
The bursary will cover the following:
- Accommodation and meals;
- Prescribed books; and
- Monthly allowances.
Cost that the bursary excludes:
- Private accommodation;
- extramural activities;
- stationery and a computer/laptop.
Bursaries are limited to full-time study of Agriculture related fields at accredited universities and universities of Technology in South Africa.
- The bursar must not be a holder of any other bursary;
- Previous years’ outstanding debts will not be covered by the bursary; and
- The applicant should be registered or is eligible for registration at an accredited tertiary institution.
- Letter of acceptance from the university or university of Technology for matriculants;
- Academic pass in grade 12 with Mathematics and Science both at60% or higher;
- No bursaries will be granted to existing students who are not promoted to the next year of study and have failed more than half of the modules;
- Applicants from designated groups will be given first preference;
- SouthAfrican citizens will be given first preference; and
- Females and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Certified copy of ID;
- Certified copy of proof of income from guardian/parents;
- Letter of admission from tertiary institution;
- Full academic history or students already at University or University of Technology;
- Grade 12’s final results for matriculants;
- Proof of residence; and
- Academic performance.
Closing date: 31 October 2012 at 16:30.
How to apply:
Application forms should be collected and submitted through respective District offices/municipalities of collection. Interested qualifying students should submit completed application forms and supporting documents to:
The Head of Department: Department of Agriculture69 Biccard Street
Private Bag X9487
- a) Applicants should note that correspondence will be entered into with shortlisted applicants only.
- b)Applicants should further note that if they do not receive any correspondence 60 days after the closing date, it implies that their application has been unsuccessful.
Enquieries for different districts:
- Ms. Mokgadi Makgoba: Head Office – 015 294 3308;
- Ms. Nyawa Ramugondo: Head Office – 015 294 3132;
- Ms. Matjatji Masilo: Head Office – 015 294 3134;
- Mr. Matthews Maserame: Capricorn – 015 632 5524;
- Mr. Clifford Hlungwane: Mopani – 015 812 3210;
- Ms. Dorcas Kgopa: Sekhukhune – 015 632 4145;
- Mr. Enos Maluleke: Vhembe – 015 963 2005;
- Ms. Rose Mahlaule: Waterberg – 014 717 2325.