The University of the Western Cape, better known as UWC, is a national university committed to excellence in teaching and learning. They have opened their applications for the 2023 academic year. Apply now!
Students must apply online via the university's online application portal.
How To Apply
Prospective students may apply by following these steps:
- Head to the UWC website
- Click on 'Apply now'
- Under 'Choose UWC', click on 'Apply here'
- Select 'New application'
- Accept the terms and conditions
- Fill in all the required information
- Submit required documents
Current matric learners must apply with their final grade 11 results or their June 2021 exam results, those who are post-matrics (those who have already completed matric and have their NSC results) should apply with their NSC results.
Current grade 12 students do not need to submit any documents at this stage as all the necessary information should be included on the application form.
Post matrics should submit the following documents:
- Certified copy of NSC Certificate or Senior Certificate
- Certified copy of Identification Document
- If applicable, proof of any studies with academic records you may have completed
- If applicable, proof that you are currently improving your NSC results
- An affidavit describing, in brief, your activities after your matric year
Applications will only be considered complete if the prospective student has submitted all the required documents.
Application Closing Dates
- Bachelor of Dentisty and Bachelor of Oral Health: 31 August
- School of Government postgraduate degrees: 31 August 2023
- BA Honours Sport Recreation and Exercise Science, BA Honours in Biokinetics and BSC Honours Biokinetics: 31 July 2023.
- All other faculties: 30 September
Students are urged to check the admission requirements for the degree they plan to pursue before they apply for it to ensure they that qualify.
Once students have applied they should receive an acknowledgement of receipt of the application via SMS or email which will contain an application number which students must safekeep as this will be needed when students make a query with the university.
Students must make sure that they provide the correct contact details as the university will use this to relay important communications.