iKamva is an eLearning platform for UWC students to access lecture materials for self-study, reflection, and assessment purposes. The platform also allows you to upload assignments for various modules.
The word "iKamva" means "future", which refers to the way in which the social and technological developments are advancing and moving forward.
The platform is accessible on computers, laptops, cellphones and tablets.
How to log in to iKamva?
If you are a registered student, to log in to iKamva you need to:
- Click here for the website.
- Use your Student number as your User ID.
- If you are a South African student, your Password is your 13 digit ID number.
- If you are a non-South African student, your Password is your Date of Birth (yyyymmdd).
Note: If you are not a registered student as yet, you will receive your login details by email.
Once you have logged in, your screen will open to the Home tab, which will display the Message of the Day, the calendar and News section.
All your modules will automatically appear under the Sites tab, in your top right corner.
If you click on any module the following options should appear:
- Overview - Often tells you a little bit about the module and what you can expect. Often your module coordinator may display your assignment dates under this tab.
- Announcements - Announcements from your lecturers or module coordinator may be displayed here. Every time you receive a notification on iKamva, you will receive an email to your UWC student email.
- Course Resources - Your lecturers will upload all your lecture materials and resources under this tab. All these lecture notes may be downloaded. Every time a learning resource is uploaded, you will receive a notification on iKamva and to your UWC student email.
- Discussion Forums - This tab is a place for you to ask your lecturer questions related to the work you have learnt or regarding assignments.
- Assignments - Lecturers use this tool to facilitate group tasks. Your rubrics will be uploaded here and you may be requested to upload your assignment under this tab.
- Tests & Quizzes - All online tests and quizzes will be uploaded here. These tests usually have a due date and time limit so be sure to keep an eye out for them. Every time a test or quiz is uploaded, you will receive a notification on iKamva and to your UWC student email.
- Site Info - This tab provides the Module Code, the term of the module, site URL and site contact and email.
For more information on how to use iKama, click here.