Tshwane University of Technology has opened their applications for 2023.
TUT offers more than 400 career options, attracting more than 60 000 students annually. Apart from having the finest academic minds from all over the world, TUT also offers a rich multicultural student life, ensuring that our students enjoy a well-rounded varsity experience.
How To Apply
General admission requirements for TUT
- A pass mark in English at Senior Certificate level (minimum additional language; certain programmes may require first or home language status)
- Each course has its own specific admission requirements.
- Prospective students should note that the admission requirements of individual programmes could change from year to year.
- For some programmes, students will be required to write an admission test, which will determine whether they will be admitted to the programme, or whether it will be recommended to them that they enrol for a relevant foundation course.
- Arts and Design: Design Studies, Fine and Studio Arts, Interior Design, Performing Arts, Visual Communication
- Economics and Finance: Accounting, Auditing, Economics, Finance and Investment, Public Sector Finance
- Engineering and the Built Environment: Architecture and Industrial Design, Building Sciences, Chemical, Metalurgical and Materials Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Geomatics, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical and Automation Engineering
- Humanities: Applied Languages, Integrated Communication, Journalism, Law, Public Management, Safety and Security Management, School of Education
- Information and Communication Technology: Computer Science, Computer Systems Engineering, ICT First Years' and Foundation Unit, Informatics, Information Technology
- Management Sciences: Business and Information Management Services, Business School, Hospitality Management, Management and Entrepreneurship, Marketing, Supply Chain and Sport Management, Operations Management, People Management and Development, Tourism Management
- Science: Adelaide Tambo School of Nursing Science, Animal Sciences, Biomedical Sciences, Biotechnology and Food Technology, Chemistry
- Arcadia Campus
- Arts Campus
- Pretoria Campus
- Ga-Rankuwa Campus
- North and South Campuses in Soshanguve
TUT also has service points in Cape Town and Durban.
TUT also offers Distance Education. Distance Education offers Diplomas in the Department Safety and Security. It offers Policing and Traffic courses. Distance Education applicants should reside in the vicinity of Durban or Cape Town because they will have to be able to attend contact classes and write class tests and examinations at the Durban or Cape Town Service points.
However, you cannot apply to Distance Education Programmes online.
Distance Education Application
No faxed or e-mailed Applications for Admission to be accepted.
Application for Admission Forms should be couriered (door to door) to the TUT Distance Education Unit.
Find application forms here.