Supervisory management is the process of overseeing and directing the work of subordinates to ensure that established objectives and goals are achieved efficiently and effectively.
If you feel this career path is for you, the University of South Africa (Unisa) is offering a Higher Certificate in Supervisory Management which will equip you with skills and techniques to thrive in this Supervisory management field.
Unisa is the largest open distance learning institution in Africa and is the longest standing dedicated distance education university in the world.
Here are the admission requirements for a Higher Certificate in Supervisory Management:
- A National Senior Certificate (NSC) with at least 30% in the language of teaching and learning and at least 30% in Mathematics, or at least 70% for Mathematical Literacy or
- a Senior Certificate (SC) with at least an F symbol on HG or E symbol on SG in the language of teaching and learning and at least an F symbol on HG or E symbol on SG in Mathematics, or
- a National Certificate (Vocational) with at least 40% in the language of teaching and learning and at least 30% in Mathematics in terms of the NSC.
Selection options for the Higher Certificate studies will be limited and aligned to vocational subject choices obtained in the National Certificate Vocational (NCV) level 4.
How to apply for a Higher Certificate in Supervisory Management
- Go to the Unisa website and click on Apply for admission
- Depending on the education level that you’re applying for, such as undergraduate qualifications, Honours degrees & postgraduate diplomas, etc. You click on a first-time applicant or returning applicant option
- Click on ‘start the process'
- Click on ‘proceed on ODEL and Unisa’
- Click on ‘Choose qualification’
- Click on Higher Certificates
- On the listed qualifications, click on Higher Certificate in Supervisory Management (90015)
- Enter your personal details and proceed
- Upload your documents
- Submit your application
All applications must be submitted online and there will be no self-help stations available for students. This qualification will be presented using both online and distance learning modes.
What can you do with this qualification?
Students who enrol for this qualification will be able to apply fundamental business management principles, methodologies and techniques in order to identify and solve problems pertaining to the operational management activities in the organisations.
They will also be able provide leadership in the field of specialisation or request assistance in an appropriate manner as a team member for making the necessary preparations for establishing proper procedure for implementing operational management activities.