Wednesday, 22 August 2012The Western College for Further Education and Training (Westcol) is a Further Education & Traing (FET) College established within the public frameworks of the South African Departments of Education and Further Education. Westcol offers 1,2 and 3-year diplomas and training in many specialised fields.
Westcol has 6 campus sites and a corporate head office. The campuses are in Randfontein, Krugersdorp, Krugersdopr-West, Carletonville, Thuba Makote (Magaliesburg) and Amandelbult. Please take note that each site does not necessarily offer all courses and that some sites are specialised.
Programmes:National Certificates N4 to N6 - Grade 12 entry requirement
- Business Management;
- Marketing Management;
- Financial Management;
- Human Resources Management;
- Management Assistant;
- Legal Secretary;
- Tourism; and
- Public Relations.
Engineering Studies - N1 to N6
- National Certificate N1-N3;
- National Certificate N4-N6;
- National Certificate: N1 - N3 (Mining);and
- National Certificate: Multi-Disciplinary Drawing Office Practice (MDOP).
National Certificate Vocational (NCV) - Grade 12 entry requirement
- Office Administration;
- Finance, Economics and Accounting;
- Information Technology & Computer Science;
- Primary Agriculture;
- Engineering and Related Design;
- Electrical Infrastructure Construction;
- Tourism; and
Hairdressing - accredited by the Services SETA
- National Certificate in Hairdressing, NQF levels 2 to 4.
Chefs Training - internationally accredited by City and Guilds
- Certificate / Diploma in Culinary Arts and Food Preparation;
- Advanced Diploma in Culinary Arts and Food Preparation.
Skills Development Centre Learnerships and Short Courses
- National Introductory Certificate: N4 Business Studies.
Contact details of Campuses:
Tel: 011 692 4004
Tel: 011 693 3608/9
Tel: 011 953 1140
Tel: 011 660 1709
Tel: 018 787 4102
Thuba Makote (Magaliesburg):
Tel: 014 577 2671
Tel: 014 784 1407