- Created on Wednesday, 22 August 2012 08:37
- Hits: 11734
The College offers high quality programmes to the communities in and around Tshwane Metropolis. The target markets are the out of school youths requiring a second chance (who either passed at least Grade 9 to enrol for formal programmes or those who would like to acquire soft skills in the form of short courses which do not require a formal qualification), secondary school students with an interest to specialise in the vocational fields, and adults who would like to further their studies or improve their qualifications (life-long learning).
Tshwane North College for FET comprises of the following 5 campuses that serve diverse communities and that are geographically wide spread:
- Pretoria Campus in the CBD serving Central Pretoria and surrounding areas.
- Soshanguve Campus (divided into Soshanguve South and Soshanguve North) (also serving the communities of Mabopane, Garankuwa, Hebron and Klipgat)
- Mamelodi Campus (also serving the communities of Cullinan, Metsing Municipality and Dinokeng)
- Temba Campus (also serving the communities of Ratsietane, Sekampaneng and the Waterberg Municipal areas.
- Rosslyn Campus ideally situated in the hub of the Automotive industry and attracting students for Occupational.
Programmes and courses:
The following National Certificate (Vocational) programmes are being offered:
- Business Studies: Finance Economics and Accounting (Pretoria and Soshanguve Campuses) Marketing (Pretoria Campus), Generic Management (Pretoria Campus) and Office Administration (Mamelodi and Soshanguve Campuses);
- Engineering Studies: Electrical Infrastructure Construction (Mamelodi and Soshanguve Campuses), Engineering and Related Design (Temba Campus) (this includes Auto Motive; Fabrication as well as Fitting and Turning) Civil Engineering and Building Construction (Soshanguve and Mamelodi Campuses), Information Technology and Computer Science (Mamelodi Campus);
- Utility Studies: Tourism (Pretoria Campus), Hospitality (Pretoria Campus) and Safety and Society (Temba Campus).
Cnr. Potgieter & Pretorius Streets;
Tel: 012 401 1600
Fax: 012 323 8683