Since its establishment in 1992, Empilweni Education has dedicated its three decades of operation to shaping interested and committed nursing professionals.
The institution offers private nursing education to students and grants them the opportunities to engage in practical clinical work with their associated private hospitals.
The university has opened registration for their Palliative and Frail Care course. This course is for students who wish to be able to care for those who are terminally ill or who cannot care for themselves physically and mentally.
The course takes three months to complete, and costs R4 500. It is said to offer theory and practical work-based experience to best equip students with the necessary tools to be able to care for patients in need.
The institution has a new intake of students every two weeks, so the sooner you apply, the sooner you can begin the course.
How to Apply
- Navigate to Empilweni Education’s ‘Apply Now’ page
- Under the ‘Palliative and Frail Care Course’ heading, click ‘Apply Now’
- Fill in the form that pops up, and do not forget to upload your proof of ID
- Click submit
- You will then be redirected to a payment page where you will be asked to make your payment for the course
- Once payment is complete, you will receive an email confirmation, and your enrolment for the course will be complete.
Apart from this short course, which does not expect anything other than payment from the applicant, the university also offers longer courses for qualification. Those courses require students to meet eligibility requirements before enrolment.
These courses include:
- Early Childhood Development Practitioner (one year)
- Home Based Personal Care Worker (one year)
- Home Based Personal Care Assistant (six months)
You can keep an eye out on Empilweni Education’s courses site to find out when you can apply for the above courses, and what level of study you need to qualify.