ILASA Bursary Applications For 2024
ILASA Bursary applications are available for students enrolling for degree courses in Landscape Architecture at accredited institutions: University of Cape Town, University of Pretoria, Cape Peninsula University of Technology on an annual basis.
The envisaged Bursary Scheme is to target previously disadvantaged individuals and to promote balance and diversity in the BE Sector and in Landscape Architecture in particular. This is to further enable and encourage previously disadvantaged individuals to obtain financial assistance to be registered professionals.
The Bursary Scheme is aimed at contributing to build greater capacity, commitment, accountability and responsiveness in the Built Environment Sector and in Landscape Architecture in particular. The personal career advancement of the individual applicant, while an important outcome of the Built Environment Sector and Landscape Architecture process, is secondary to the over-arching goal of strengthening and encouraging individuals to follow careers in the Built Environment and in the case of this Bursary Scheme, particularly the Landscape Architecture Sector.
- ONLY citizens or naturalized citizens of the Republic of South Africa.
- ONLY applicants who intend to study or who are already studying for an approved Landscape Architectural under graduate or post graduate qualification at a tertiary institution in South Africa, which is registered and accredited SACLAP (South African Council of the Landscape Architectural Profession). Current accredited institutions are the University of Pretoria (UP) and University of Cape Town (UCT) for post graduate studies, and the Cape Peninsula University of Technology (CPUT) for undergraduate courses.
- ONLY Applicants who are currently enrolled for a course in the Landscape Architectural profession with a SACLAP accredited tertiary institution and have an average aggregate of 60% or higher in their previous year of study will be considered.
After completing your matric certificate exams, you are faced with a multitude of post-matric options that can shape your future paths.
These options range from pursuing higher education at universities or colleges, entering vocational training programs, joining the workforce, or even considering entrepreneurial ventures, each offering unique opportunities for personal and professional growth.
You've probably been contemplating the next chapter of your life all throughout the year asking yourself, 'what am I going to study after I finish completing my matric certificate exams?', 'am I going to study? What else can I do when I pass'? Well, we can help.
Where to Study
In an ideal world, every girl should have equal opportunities to pursue their aspirations and be the best version of themselves. Unfortunately, we live in a society where disadvantaged children face many challenges that hinder their ability to reach their full potential.
- Study At Trinity College Dublin: Ireland’s Highest Ranking University
- You Can Study MBA At Cambridge University Judge Business School
- Study In Scotland At The University of Stirling
- All You Need To know About The University of Suffolk MBA Programme
- Become A Part Of The University Of Reading's Global Student Body