- Created on Wednesday, 05 September 2012 14:01
- Hits: 3064
The Investec CA Programme offers financial assistance in the form of a full academic scholarship to undergraduate students studying towards a CA(SA) degree. The main criterion for selection is merit and not financial need.
Applications are open to:
- Ambitious, creative and academically talented undergraduate students;
- South African citizens*; and
- Those studying towards a Chartered Accountant degree at a SAICA accredited university.
Candidates are selected on the basis of academic achievement and distinctive personal accomplishment. Applications are open all year round. Successful candidates are offered the opportunity to apply for the Investec CA Programme (to complete their 3 year training contract)
Some qualities Investec is looking for:
- Critical and creative thinkers;
- Problem solvers;
- Effective communicators;
- Knowledgeable and informed;
- Team players;
- Innovative and entrepreneurial; and
- Self-motivated learners.
Investec has a vested interest in developing future talent, academically in fields that represent relevance to the financial services and the CA Programme. While its scholarship provides financial relief, its support is holistic – successful candidates have access to mentors, exam technique specialists and an opportunity to attend Pathfinder.
How to apply:
Complete the online application form, here.
- Upload your CV;
- Upload your matric certificate; and
- Upload your university academic transcripts (all courses completed to date).
Selected students are invited for interviews because Investec needs to make sure we are the right fit for each other.
For the Online Application you might need to install an Active X control.
When completing the online form, please take note of the following:
- Applications for a scholarship are open all year;
- Please complete the application form online and upload your CV, matric certificate and academic transcripts;
- Should we not receive all your required information and documents, your application will not be considered;
- No faxed or posted application forms will be accepted; and
Only the following document formats can be uploaded: *.pdf;*.doc;*.docx;*.tiff;*.tif;*.jpg;*.jpeg;*.jpe;*.gif;*.rtf
Are you currently studying towards becoming a CA? Would you recommend this opportunity to your fellow students? Do you think it is fair that this scholarship is based on merit as opposed to financial need?