- Created on Monday, 01 October 2012 08:52
- Hits: 2963
Monash South Africa is committed to providing learning opportunities for the highest achieving students, as well as those experiencing some form of disadvantage (financial hardship) in the form of scholarships.
A Monash scholarship could mean:
- 50-100 percent of your annual fees are paid - up to R60 700 - for your Foundation Programme or undergraduate course;
- a place in leadership, work and mentoring programmes not available to other students;
Some scholarships offer one-off payments while others continue for the length of your course if you maintain your exceptional grades.
- Total value of up to R60 700;
- Full or partial tuition fee for a full-time study load (48 credit points), for the specific year of application and approval of award; and
- Exposure to the working environment - you will have first preference for Department work placements during peak periods.
- Varies depending on funding availability.
- Based on academic achievement and offered to the highest achieving South African and International students;
- Current Monash students with a General Point Average (GPA) of 3.3 and above;
- Commencing students with an Achievement Level of 40 and above.
- All conditions must be met;
- Be enrolled or have received an offer to enroll as a full-time student at Monash South Africa in an undergraduate course of study leading to a higher education award;
- Not be a recipient of any other financial support award;
- Be studying Year 12 or equivalent (South Africa citizen) or be studying in the final year of secondary school or equivalent (international) or
- Be a current Monash South Africa student and have completed a minimum of one semester of study at Monash South Africa.
- You must maintain a GPA of 3.3 or above each semester.
- Can be deferred.
To download the application form for Monash South Africa Scholarship (pdf, 73kb), click here.
How to apply:
To be eligible for a scholarship with us you must first be accepted into your course at Monash South Africa - view the different courses on offer.
You should then:
- Complete the Application for Monash South Africa Scholarship form (pdf, 73kb) - you can also obtain the form from the Student Services Centre.
- Submit your application, along with any relevant documentation, by 31 October.
There are also a number of external scholarships available to Monash South Africa students.
- Botswana Government Scholarships
- Mandela Rhodes
- International River Foundation (IRF) - Ken Thiess Memorial scholarship - postgraduate research scholarship.
Applications for external scholarships are managed by the external agencies. You should contact them directly.
Contact the Student Services Centre for more information on 011 950 4128/4221.