- Created on Wednesday, 19 September 2012 13:25
- Hits: 3699
The Ekurhuleni Metro has a high number of residents with no post-Grade 12 qualification. In an effort to curb this trend, the metro will award bursaries to hard-working learners from disadvantaged backgrounds who wish to further their studies.
“The metro believes that development in the region will be taken to higher trajectory if we have more graduates, because they stand in a better position to get decent jobs and eradicate poverty,” metro spokesperson, Sam Modiba says.
Applications are open, and interested candidates should be in possession of a Grade 12 certificate or current mid-year exam results.
Application forms are available at the Ekurhuleni Metro facilities, such as libraries, clinics, and customer care centres.
Completed applications must be submitted where they were obtained, or at the local customer care centre. Only Ekurhuleni residents will be considered.
The bursaries are available for a Bachelor’s Degree, National Diploma and a Further Education and Training (FET) Certificate in the following fields of study:
- Science and Engineering;
- Health and Environmental Development; and
- Emergency Services and Humanities.
The closing date for applications is Friday, 28 September, at 16:00, and no late applications will be considered.
Successful candidates will be obliged to enter into an agreement with the Municipality.
For enquiries, applicants may contact Louisa Mbatha on 011 999 0033 or Liezel Simons on 011 999 0039.
Furthermore, applications for the EMM’s leanership programme in the following fields are also open:
- Licensing services;
- Apprenticeship: Electrical;
- National Certificate: Community House Building;
- National Certificate: Construction Road Works;
- National Certificate: Construction Contracting;
- National Certificate: Supervision of Construction Processes;
- FET Certificate: Social Auxiliary Work;
- National Certificate: Local Economic Development Coordinator; and
- National Diploma: Environmental Education, Training and Development Practice.