- Created on Wednesday, 12 September 2012 08:13
- Hits: 7453
The Western Cape Provincial Treasury (Cape Town) invites matriculants, undergraduate and postgraduate students interested in pursuing careers in Economics; Accounting; Public Finance; Corporate Governance; Asset Management; Built Environment and Internal Auditing to apply for bursaries. Applicants with disabilities are welcome to apply.
Note: Bursaries will be awarded to successful applicants to study full-time at accredited universities towards identified study fields/scarce skills, for a period not less than one (1) and not more than three (3) years. Successful applicants will be required to enter into contractual agreements with the Provincial Treasury.
Applicants must attach the following documents to their application:
- A letter of motivation;
- Certified copy of your South African bar-coded identity document;
- Certified copy of household income/salary statement/affidavit of income of your; parents or guardians;
- Proof of acceptance from the relevant academic institution;
- Certified copy of your Grade 12 June examination results or Grade 12 certificate and certified copies of your latest academic results for undergraduate and postgraduate students.
- Applicants must be South African, aged 17 to 35 years and residing in the Western Cape;
- An average of 70% or higher for the previous year of study at high school, university or university of technology;
- Postgraduate applicants should already have obtained a B. Degree within one or more of the fields indicated above;
- Must not be in possession of another bursary;
- Annual household income rated on the Financial Poverty Index, in gradients of R50 000 and below, between R50 000 – R75 000, R75 000 – R100 000 and R100 000 plus, with preference given to disadvantaged candidates.
Applicants must possess the following competencies:
- The capacity for organising and planning;
- Oral and written communication as well as interpersonal skills;
- Cognitive ability and perseverance;
- Committed and prepared to; and be interviewed by Departmental representatives.
Instruction and completion of the application form:
- Applications should be submitted to The Western Cape Provincial Treasury, Human Resource Management, Private Bag X9165, Cape Town 8000, for attention: Mr D van Aarde;
- Applications must reach The Provincial Treasury before or on the closing date, as applications received after the closing date of 28 September 2012 will not be considered;
- Telephone enquiries should be directed during office hours to Mr D van Aarde: 021 483-3040;
- Your application will not be considered if you apply for more than one study field;
- If you do not receive any response from the bursary section within three months after the closing date for applications, please consider your application as unsuccessful; and
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Applications can also be hand-delivered to:
The Western Cape Provincial Treasury,
Corporate Services Relations Management Unit
7 Wale Street
Download application forms, here.
Only handdelivered or posted applications will be considered. No emails or faxed applications will be accepted.
Closing date: 28 September 2012
Are you interested in pursuing a career in Economics; Accounting; Public Finance; Corporate Governance; Asset Management; Built Environment or Internal Auditing?