- Created on Tuesday, 04 September 2012 07:41
- Hits: 1161
Mick Leary Educational Trust was established by Epilepsy South Africa, formerly known as SANEL, to assist people with epilepsy struggling to find employment on the open labour market.
The Trust is named after Professor Mick Leary, a former Epilepsy South Africa Chairperson, Paediatric Neurologist, and epilepsy expert.Several companies, including some of the large pharmaceutical companies and manufacturers of anticonvulsant medications, have donated funds for bursaries which are given out at the start of each year.
Value: Amount varies;
Duration: 1 year renewable;
Tenable: Any South African university
Who can apply?
- Bursaries are available for study at any tertiary institution. Applicants are encouraged to pursue careers for which they have an aptitude, as well as those for which there is a need or demand in the labour market.
- In addition to having epilepsy, the Trustees will also take into account factors such as the financial situation of the applicant or their parents, academic, performance and community involvement.
How to apply?
c/o Epilepsy South Africa
PO Box 73
For further information about the Mick Leary Educational Trust, please call our Epilepsy South Africa offices on any of the following numbers:
- National Office - (021) 447 3014
- Western Cape - (021) 447 3012
- South-Cape Karoo - (044) 382 2155
- Durban & Coastal - (031) 309 1370
- KwaZulu Natal - (033) 394 1041
- Mpumalanga - (013) 254 0161
- Gauteng - (011) 816 2040
- Free State - (056) 811 5959.
Closing date: 30 September
Did you know about this bursary? What are your thoughts on it?