Monday, 27 August 2012
The Auditor-General South Africa (AGSA)is offering bursaries to candidates studying towards a qualification as a Chartered Accountant.
Job Title: Bursaries
Job Type Classification: Bursary
Location - Province: All Provinces
Location - Town / City: Brooklyn
- Must be studying or intending to study towards a qualification as a Chartered Accountant (i.e. Bcom Accounting CA Stream, Bachelor of Accounting CA stream and Bcompt) at a University accredited by the South African Institute of Chartered Accountant (SAICA).
- Must be a South African citizen.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
Bursary holders are required to serve articles / training contract with the organisation on completion of their studies as per the bursary contract.
Skills, Experience & Education:
Grade 12 students:
- Matric exemption and university acceptance;
- Obtain at least 60% for English; and
- Obtain at least 60% for Mathematics (not Maths literacy).
1st year students:
- Obtain over 60% for Financial Accounting
2nd year students:
- Obtain over 60% for Financial Accounting; and
- Obtain over 60% for Managerial Accounting.
3rd and Final year students:
- Obtain over 60% for Financial Accounting;
- Obtain over 60% for Managerial Accounting;
- Obtain over 60% for Taxation; and
- Obtain over 60% for Auditing.
AGSA embraces employment equity and are committed to achievement of fair and equal representation of our workforce.
Preference will be given to candidates from previously disadvantaged backgrounds.
Auditor General welcomes applications from all persons with disabilities.
Closing date: 15 September 2012
Apply online, here.