Tuesday, 01 November 2011
Prospective students interested in pursuing a career in agricultural research have been invited to apply for the postgraduate bursaries offered by the Agricultural Research Council (ARC).
The ARC is a research and development institution of excellence in South Africa, which operates within the National System of innovation. With its professional development programme, the ARC intends to develop capacity within candidates through exposure to research and development methodologies and research management in an agriculture research environment.
Young dynamic science graduates are urged to apply for a significant number of bursary opportunities with the ARC. Successful scholars will be based at an ARC Institute in Bethlehem, Potchefstroom, Nelspruit or Pretoria. They will work under mentorship on projects prescribed by the ARC, and will be registered for MSc, PhD and Post-doctorate studies. Bursars may be expected to attend some courses at the relevant university.
- posses a BSc Honours, MSc or PhD in a discipline suitable for the areas of research
- have evidence of significant academic achievement in previous studies
- seek long term career in agricultural research
- be able to appreciate diversity and facilitate change
- have excellent interpersonal skills and good professional conduct
- be proactively involved in own career development
- be completely dedicated to the mentorship process
- be able to cope with pressure and to interact effectively in sensitive situations
Closing date for applications
11 November 2011