Wednesday, 06 February 2013
The South African Sports Confederation and Olympic Committee (SASCOC) invites athletes at National and Provincial level to apply for financial assistance for undergraduate studies. Applications close 15 February 2013.
- To create a platform where further learning is encouraged;
- To encourage and support athletes at National and Provincial levels who intend pursuing a formal qualification at accredited institutions;
- To give financial assistance to students pursuing qualifications which will ensure that their sporting careers are not compromised;
- To support and address the national transformation agenda.
SASCOC will support South African athletes pursuing qualifications in areas which are in line with SASCOC’s core function. The following focus areas will be considered for support:
- Human Movement Studies/Science
- Exercise Science
- Sports Science
- Sports Management
- Project Management
- Events Management.
How to apply:
Read through the instructions carefully before submitting an application
In order to apply for the SASCOC Bursary fund, the following documents must be submitted by all applicants:
- Application Form (attached)
- Letter of motivation (explain, in not more than 250 words why you feel you are eligible for the financial support)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Certified copy of your complete academic record thus far/ Grade 12
- Certified copy of your Identity Document.
For enquiries contact Isaac Mdaka on tel: 087 351 2092.
Please keep copies of your documents if you are submitting a hard copy via fax or post.
Closing date for applications: 15 February 2013 by 15h30. No late applications will be accepted or considered.