- Created on Monday, 29 October 2012 06:10
- Hits: 7036
The National Department of Tourism invites applications for bursaries from the unemployed South African undergraduate and postgraduate students for the 2013 academic year in the following fields of study:
- International Tourism Relations;
- Political Studies;
- Social Science (specializing with Monitoring and Evaluation); and
- Sustainable Tourism Development.
- Be South African citizens
- Be studying at an accredited South African Educational Institution in one of the above mentioned field of study and be prepared to enter into an agreement with the Department.
- Do counter-service in the Department upon completion of the qualification and do not have any other bursary funding.
Applicants must note the following:
- Application forms must be posted or hand delivered by not later than 9 November 2012.
- Applicants must complete Departmental bursary application form, attach certified copies of qualifications, recent academic records, Identity Document, proof of registration, proof of guardian’s income, and motivational letter.
- Application forms are available on www.tourism.gov.za or at the reception of National Department of Tourism.
- Correspondence will be limited to the successful candidates.
Enquiries for the Bursaries Programme:
- Mr Ignatius Ngoveni: 012 444 6183
- Ms Nonhlanhla Sindane: 012 444 6173
- Ms Bagcinile Khumalo: 012 444 6158.
All Applications must be directed to the:
Private Bag X424
Hand delivered to:
17 Trevena Street
Sunnyside, for attention to Mr Ignatius Ngoveni.
No faxed or e-mail applications will be considered.
The allocation of Bursaries for the next academic cycle (2013) are not yet advertised, however you are encouraged to read through the departmental website and the press particularly Sunday Times and City Press during the month of October / November 2012. Kindly submit your application in response to such adverts.
To download the Application form, click here.
To download the Z83 form, click here.