- Created on Friday, 26 October 2012 09:43
- Hits: 5061
Do you care about and am passionate about the environment? Do you find Nature in all her glory completely absorbing and fascinating? The Department of Environmental Affairs is inviting candidates to apply for bursaries, to be awarded for the 2013 academic year, in the following fields of study:
- BTech Marine Pollution
- MSc/PhD Marine Pollution
- Honours/MSc Mechanical Engineering
- MSc/PhD Plankton and Biodiversity
- BSc Marine Science
- BSc Zoology
- ND: Analytical Chemistry
- MSc/PhD Applied Mathematics/Oceanography
- Environmental Law
- Landscape Architecture
- Environmental Management (specialising in Integrated Environmental Management or Biodiversity and Conservation or NaturalResource Economics or Natural Resource
- Management or GIS)
- Environmental Science
- Natural Science
- Biological Science
- Environmental Engineering
- Urban Design
- Community Development.
Interested students must submit the following documents:
- A detailed, comprehensive Curriculum Vitae;
- Certified copies of qualifications and recent academic records;
- Certified copy of Identity Document;
- Confirmation of proof of registration (if already enrolled with the institution of higher learning);
- Proof of guardian’s income;
- Motivation as to why the bursary should be awarded to you; and
- Proof of South African citizenship.
To download the application form, click here.
Applications must be directed to:
Department of Environmental Affairs,
Private Bag X447
Attention: Learning and Development or hand delivered to:
Fedsure Forum Building
315 Pretorius Street
Closing date: 20 November 2012
Enquiries can be directed to:
- Ms Busisiwe Stemele
- Tel: (012) 310 3038
- Ms Nita Makgohlo
- Tel: (012) 310 34571
- Ms Mokhobo Modiba
- Tel: (012) 310 3349.
This post only applies to individuals that are or will be registered as full-time students with an institution of higher learning and who are not employed.
Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only.
If you have not been contacted by the end of January 2013, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
Successful candidates will be expected to sign a bursary contract.
No faxed documents/applications will be considered.