- Created on Tuesday, 16 October 2012 05:51
- Hits: 1423
The South African Guild of Motoring Journalists is inviting applicants for its 2013 Bursar Programme. The successful applicant will be placed in a variety of motoring publications, PR agencies, and motor manufacturers for about a month at a time for an 11-month period from around 21 January to around 15 December 2013.
The goal of these experiences is to mentor the individual in all aspects relating to writing about motoring.
In addition to performing the duties required of them at individual work experiences, applicants will be expected to report to the Guild on a regular basis on their progress, and represent the Guild at key functions and events throughout the year.
Remuneration: R4750 per month basic salary
Job level: Junior
Own transport required: Yes
Travel requirement: Occasional
Type: Contract 11 months
To apply please submit:
- a motivating letter/cover letter;
- a CV (with contact details);
- a recent ID photo;
- a copy of your driver's licence (a code B or EB is required); and
- a minimum of three references (names and telephone numbers).
Details of application:
- Applications must be received by close of business on 12 November 2012 to be considered;
- Prospective SAGMJ bursars will be interviewed between 3 and 6 December 2012 in Johannesburg; and
- All decisions final. If you have not heard from us by 28 November please consider your application to be unsuccessful.
- A background or qualification in professional writing/journalism;
- Fluent in English written and spoken; accurate spelling;
- Computer literate;
- A code B or EB driver's licence;
- Own reliable transport and ability to travel;
- Accommodation in greater Johannesburg area;
- A keen interest in all things automotive;
- A willingness to participate in a variety of organisations on a grass roots level; and
- A strong sense of honesty and integrity.
Website: SA Guild of Motoring Journalists.