- Created on Thursday, 04 October 2012 09:41
- Hits: 3964
The Department of Trade and Industry (the dti) intends awarding comprehensive bursaries during the 2013 academic year to qualifying applicants wishing to further their studies in scares skills fields, aligned to the mandate of the dti.
Applications are welcome from across the nine provinces and applicants should meet the following requirements:Fields of Study and Requirements:
- BCom Economics: English 60 – 69% level 5; and Mathematics 60 – 69% level 5.
- BCom Econometrics: English 60 – 69% level 5; and Mathematics 70 – 79% level 6.
- BCom Statistics: English 60 – 69% level 5 and Mathematics 70 – 79% level 6.
- BCom Economics & Econometrics: English 70 – 79% level 6 and Mathematics 70 – 79% level 6.
- BCom Economics & Statistics: English 70 – 79% level 6 and Mathematics 70 – 79% level 6.
NB! In addition to the above requirements, applicants should:
- Currently be in the process of completing grade 12 or has completed grade 12 but are not currently registered at a University;
- Be South African citizens;
- Show proof of admission (provisional admission to a higher education institution where the applied field of study is offered).
How to Apply
To download the application form, please click here.
Completed bursary application forms, together with copies of admission letters, ID photos and certified copies of certificates/performance results, should be directed to the following address:
Attention: Mr Norman Hlungwani
Department of Trade and Industry
Private Bag X84
NB: Please do not e-mail your applications. Only posted applications will be considered.
Preference will be given to qualifying applicants from previously disadvantaged groups.
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The closing date for undergraduate bursary applications is 31 October 2012.