- Created on Thursday, 04 October 2012 07:20
- Hits: 1367
The College of Law and Management Studies at the University of KwaZulu-Natal (UKZN) in partnership with the Department of Economic Development and Tourism in KwaZulu-Natal, offers bursary packages to Local Economic Development (LED) Practitioners wishing to pursue postgraduate studies in 2013.
Applications are open to study for a Postgraduate Diploma or a Master of Commerce Degree Programme with a strong focus on Local Economic Development.
About the Programme
This competitive block-release programme is designed for working individuals who are roleplayers in LED and who meet UKZN’s entrance criteria.
Who should apply?
- Municipal Managers, LED Managers, LED officers and other local government officials with an LED mandate;
- KZN Provincial Officials with an LED mandate;
- Business and Sector organisations and office bearers (Business Chambers, Farmers Unions;
- Manufacturing Associations, Community Tourism Organisations, Sector Clusters and Networks);
- Development and Finance Institutions working in the Province of KwaZulu-Natal (Development Agencies, IDC, Commercial banks and others);
- Senior Office bearers and officials of Civil Society organisations with an LED mandate.
Basic entrance requirements
As LED is an integrative discipline, the entrance requirement for the Postgraduate Diploma is an undergraduate degree or equivalent from any discipline. The Masters Programme requires a three year undergraduate degree plus honours or an equivalent further qualification, or a four year professional degree.
Prospective students will undergo a rigorous process of selection.
For application forms, information and nomination guide documents visit:
Ms Gina Mshengu or Mr Patrick Mbokazi.
Tel: 031 260 8023
Tel: 033 264 2547
Closing date for bursary applications: 12:00 on 2 November 2012.